CBN, or cannabinol, is one of the many, many beneficial compounds found in the cannabis plant.
It‘s known for its calming and sedative effects, making it an ideal option for people looking for a natural way to reduce stress and anxiety naturally, and without the use of pharmaceutical medications like Xanex. While it‘s not as well–known as some of the other compounds found in cannabis, such as THC and CBD, it does possess a number of unique benefits that make it worth considering for those seeking natural relief.
CBN is a psychoactive substance and is currently “controlled” in the UK meaning that it is not sold legally. However, you are able to find trace amounts of CBN in full-spectrum CBD products.
Let’s get into it: here are the top 10 benefits of CBN (that we have found to be common among medical journals).
1. Pain Relief: CBN has been shown to have powerful anti–inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it a great option for those seeking relief from chronic pain.
2. Anti–Insomnia: CBN has been shown to have mild sedative properties, making it a great option for those looking to get a better night‘s sleep.
3. Antibacterial: Studies have shown that CBN has powerful antibacterial properties, making it a great option for those looking to reduce their risk of infection. Whether this is backed up by science is one thing
4. Appetite Stimulant: CBN has also been shown to increase appetite, much like it’s friend THC, making it a great option for those looking to increase their caloric intake, or manage to stomach a meal. The benefits are great for those who need their tummy to be soothed before consuming some food.
5. Neuroprotective: The cannabinoid has been shown to have neuroprotective properties, making it a great option for those looking to reduce the risk of neurological disorders. The benefits are in line with those of Lion’s Mane and other Nootropic mushrooms.
6. Anticonvulsant: CBN has been shown to have anticonvulsant properties, making it a great option for those looking to reduce the risk of seizures. There is plenty of research being undertaken to understand cannabis-based medicines and how they can dramatically improve the life of those suffering from neurological disorders.
7. Antioxidant: CBN, much like Vitamin E, has been shown to have powerful antioxidant properties, which is great if you wish to avoid oxidative damage. Many overlook the impact that free radicals have on your general well-being. Whether it may be chronic inflammation or the feeling that your body just simply doesn’t work properly, could be down to what is called “Oxidative stress”.
Other great antioxidative substances can be found in things like nuts and cranberry juice. It is a good idea to introduce these into your diet regardless of your CBN consumption.
8. Anti–Anxiety: CBN, similarly to CBD, has been shown to have anti–anxiety properties, making it a great option for those looking to reduce their stress and anxiety levels.
9. Anti–Inflammatory: The cannabinoid has been shown to have powerful anti–inflammatory properties, making it a great option for those looking to reduce inflammation and swelling generally. A regular supplement of CBN may be able to improve your overall inflammation levels which in turn can improve your well-being and lifestyle
10. Bone Stimulant: Finally, CBN has been shown to have bone-stimulant properties, which interestingly seems like it can increase bone density and strength.
It is clear to see that CBN is a powerful compound which offers a number of unique benefits, from pain relief to appetite stimulation. It is also clear that many of the claims here still need to be backed completely by science.