When taking CBD, you’ll want to ensure that you’re taking the right amount for your needs and requirements. Early on this might feel like complete guesswork, but you can take a more intelligent approach if you’re worried about taking too much/too little. Potent cannabis oil extracts have varying ratios of CBD and THC that are calibrated to suit the needs and sensitivities of each patient, so it’s important to take what works for you.
Dosage Guidelines You Can Use:
- Decide how you want to take cannabis/CBD. Cannabis oil is available in sprays, capsules, edibles and other products. The method in which you’ll want to consume cannabis is entirely up to you.
- Find your ratio. Cannabis products have varying amounts of CBD and THC. A high CBD or high THC product is not necessarily superior to a strain with a balanced ratio. Find the proper combination to optimize your therapeutic use of cannabis.
- Begin with a low dose especially if you have little or no experience with cannabis.
- Take a few small doses over the course of the day rather than one big dose.
- Use the same dose and ratio for several days. Observe the effects and if necessary adjust the ratio or amount.
- Don’t overdo it. “Less is more” is often the case with cannabis therapeutics.
- Be aware of possible side effects. Cannabis is a safe and forgiving medicine. Depending upon delivery method and individual tolerance, it can amplify anxiety and mood disorders. Other possible side effects are dry mouth, dizziness and faintness.
- Consult your health counselor. Proceed cautiously, especially if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, mental illness, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.